How often do you eat breakfast with a swiss army knife?
I’m guessing that the answer is “never”, but I’d love to hear otherwise in the comments
We most often use specific tools for specific functions.
That’s one of the secrets behind Edulang’s greatest successes in materials developing. One of our most specific E-learning tools for grammar and vocabulary has been a huge hit, and when it came out, in less than a year, we had tens of thousands of learners throughout the world. So cool!
Gramster I and II and Vocabster have evolved quite a bit since their release and they are now finally available on the net with our very unique pay what you want approach and of course, half of everyone’s contribution goes to the charity Room to Read.
There’s something for every level: Beginner, False Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, covering everything you could imagine (see full list of 80 topics below), designed in a pedagogically-sound manner by an EFL PhD, and sprinkled with unique texts like…
Within every activity, each question offers hints and immediate feedback… love the faces:
The exercises are fun, and even I learned a bit while checking them out… the domain facebook.com cost 250,000 !!! … not expensive in the long run for them as last year they paid 42X that much for FB.com (which isn’t even in use) !!!!
Check it out, and share with someone who will benefit, by clicking here!
ADDITIONAL INFO for those not yet convinced
- Focuses primarily on the uses of grammar
- Presents meanings before rules
- Learners understand the grammar in action before studying the rules
- Uses real-life texts to present the grammar — not sentences
- Prepares learners before they read the texts
- Encourages self-correction
- Provides clear and simple explanations of the grammar rules
- Practises grammar in context
- Integrates feedback to help learners understand and learn from any errors
- Uses humour
- Gives extensive advice on how to learn English.
- Provides extensive opportunities to use the grammar of each section
- Provides carefully graded practice tasks sequenced for increasing difficulty
- Includes tests at the end of each level which integrate all grammar points
- Covers all main grammar points for each level
- Presents and then practices more than 90 vocabulary topics
- Explains and practices more than 30 words for each vocabulary topic
- Focuses on all the essential vocabulary areas needed from beginners to advanced
- Makes the words easier to learn by dividing each vocabulary area into groups according to their main meanings
- Uses clear, simple definitions to help learners understand the meaning
- Illustrates more than 300 new words with clear pictures
- Includes modern and up-to-date 21st century lexis (such as text messages)
- Practises the vocabulary in sentences and in semi-authentic texts
- Gives opportunities to use new words in sentences and in texts
- Gives ideas for how best to learn new words
- Uses humour
- Provides feedback to help learners learn from their mistakes
- Tests understanding at the end of each level